Advanced Wound Care
At the Judy Dan Research & Treatment Centre, we combine hyperbaric oxygen therapy with onsite state-of-the-art, leading edge advanced wound care.
Our Centre utilizes:
- Transcutaneous Oximetry to determine the oxygen levels surrounding patient’s wounds and if these wounds will respond to hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Laser Doppler Ultrasound to determine the severity of tissue ischemia (lack of blood flow) and the severity of peripheral vascular disease.
- MolecuLight imaging to detect the presence of bacteria in wounds
- Laser wound Photography, documentation and measurements
- Laser Thermography to detect inflammation, infection and changes in circulation
Infra-Red Imaging to help detect deep tissue infections and osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Ultrasonic Debriding to remove non-viable tissue from wounds
Combining hyperbaric oxygen with advanced wound care enables us to achieve a 75% success rate in healing diabetic and non-diabetic wounds that would otherwise result in limb amputations.
Our success in treating late stage radiation injuries, resulting from cancer treatments, is greater than 90%.